Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, September 28, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) UK's Cambridge Airport to Install Wind Turbine-Detecting Radar
Link to article on BusinessGreen
2) Dubai Airport to Be Featured on National Geographic Documentary
Link to article in Gulf News:
3) NATS to Head-Up Environmentally 'Perfect' Transatlantic Flight Trials
Link to article in Air Transport World:
4) Idaho Transportation Department Launches Free Airport Directory App
Link to article in the AASHTO Journal:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Media Relations and the 'Social' Evolution
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
6) US Space Fence Plants First Post in Marshall Islands
Link to article on ZDNet:
7) MARTA to Release Open-Source Data to Third-Party Developers
Link to column in Creative Loafing Atlanta:
8) How Driverless Cars Will Revolutionize the Transit System
Link to blog on The Atlantic Cities:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Indonesian Government Allocates Rp110 Billion for Transportation System Pilot
Link to article in Tempo:
Airport Customer Service/Volunteer Ambassador Conference – October 21-23 – Portland, Oregon
This may be the ultimate mix of transportation and communications.
Today in Transportation History
1542 **470th anniversary** Juan Rodríguez Cabrillo was the first European to discover what today is known as San Diego Bay.
1992 **20th anniversary** Critical Mass, then known as Commute Clog, held their first bicycle protest ride in San Francisco.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net