Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, May 31, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
TCN Fundraiser – Last Day
Let me start off by thanking those of you who have contributed to the TCN this month. It's greatly appreciated and reaffirms to me that the TCN has value to many of my readers. Since today is the last day of May, this is the final day I will be asking for your contributions until November. If you find that the TCN has been helpful to you in your business or career please consider making a donation. The amount is up to you. You can also help support the TCN by letting others know about the newsletter and inviting them to subscribe. Information on how to contribute can be found below. Thank you!
1) New York City Bike-Share Glitches Slow Some Riders
Link to story on WNYC Radio:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) GPS 'Junk' Data Reveals Volcanic Plumes
Link to Inside Science News Service article:
3) Coming Soon: Jacksonville, Florida Traffic Gets Intelligent
Link to article in the Jacksonville Business Journal:
4) States Shift to High Gear with Online Driving Tests
Link to article in GCN:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) Colorado DOT Uses Technology to Detect Wildlife and Warn Drivers
Link to article in Government Technology:
6) New Programs Aim to Help Teens and Adults with Autism Navigate Edmonton Transit
Link to article in the Edmonton Journal:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
7) Even with Accidents, Inrix Says Traffic is Predictable
Link to interview on KTTH Radio's David Boze Show:
8) Baby, You Can Program My Car
Link to podcast on Marketplace:
9) 2013 Extreme Weather Events Symposium
Link to presentations:
2) TransCore’s Toll Services Work Receives National Recognition Award from American Council of Engineering Companies
Checks or money orders may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen Court
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online with a credit card via PayPal at:
This takes sidewalk art a few steps beyond the chalk drawings we did as kids.
European Parking Association Congress – September 11-13 – Dublin
Today in Transportation History
1578 **435th anniversary** King Henry III laid the first stone of Pont-Neuf, Paris' oldest bridge.
1953 **60th anniversary** Pacific Electric Railway's West Hollywood Line made its final run.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net