Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, May 29, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
The people at Iteris make a difference in mobility. Iteris employees enjoy: comprehensive benefits, vibrant work environments, engaging activities. Openings are across the U.S., from entry-level to practice builders. Services include: analytics, design, integration, systems configuration, signal operations, and TMC design-build. Innovation is required!
Iteris, Inc. is a leader in providing traffic management and weather information solutions. The company is focused on the development and application of advanced technologies and software-based information systems that reduce traffic congestion, provide measurement, management and predictive traffic and weather analytics, and improve the safety of surface transportation systems.
1) Questions Remain About How to Use Data from License Plate Scanners
Link to story on NPR's All Things Considered:
2) Commuters Get Break on Fines for Late Tobin Bridge Toll Payments
Link to article in The Boston Globe:
3) European Transport MEPs Call for Sharing of Timetable and Fare Information to Boost Intermodal Ticketing
Link to article in Railway Gazette:
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
4) Uber Makes Life Easier for Deaf Drivers, But Still Faces Disability Controversy
Link to article on Mashable:
5) PATCO Introduces First Next-Generation Cars to the Public
Link to story on Transportation Radio:
Link to news release
6) DC Transit Officials Temporarily Suspend Issue-Oriented Ads
Link to AP article:
7) Indian Central Bank Suggests Mass Transport Systems to Issue Prepaid Instruments
Link to article in The Financial Express:
Link to news release
8) New Pedestrian Detector from Google Could Make Self-Driving Cars Cheaper
Link to article in IEEE Spectrum:
Morning traffic report for those who work for home.
- Funding Proposals Sought – Innovations Deserving Exploratory Analysis (IDEA) Program – Transportation Research Board
- Call for Presentations – New Media, Communications and Human Resources Workshop – IBTTA
Shenzhen International ITS&LBS Expo – June 24-26 – Shenzhen, China
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net