Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, June 28, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA on NextGen: Steady as She Goes
Link to article in AINalerts:
2) Airport Security Systems Put the Spotlight on Passenger Data
Link to article in Airport Technology:
3) Private Jet Airports – A New Media Space Taking Off?
Link to commentary on MediaTel:
4) Illinois Tollway Say New System Will Improve Customer Service, Violation Processing
Link to article in the Chicago Tribune:
GPS / NAVIGATION
5) India to Launch First Dedicated Navigational Satellite on Monday
Link to article in the Jagran Post:
6) Why Ridesharing is Booming in Europe, But Not the US
Link to article on GigaOm:
7) Railroads Ask Congress to Delay Crash Technology Mandate
Link to Bloomberg article:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) New Jersey Transit to Work to Reduce Suicides
Link to article in the Courier-Post:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) South Carolina DOT Launches Enhanced 511 System
Link to article in the Carolina Forest Chronicle:
10) Internet Car Start-Ups Look to Los Angeles' New Mayor for a Helping Hand
Link to article on The Atlantic Cities:
11) GPS-Controlled Headlights Turn Before You Do
Link to blog in Wired:
Here's an optical illusion you can experience in your car in Moncton, New Brunswick. My family and I did this a number of years ago and it's very strange. Similar phenomena exist around the world.
- Request for Proposal – Development of Web-Based Traffic Demand Management, Road Safety and Enforcement Project 2013-2015 for State of Kuwait – United Nations Development Programme
Telematics Japan – October 8-10 – Tokyo
Today in Transportation History
1913 **100th anniversary** The Lötschberg Tunnel in Switzerland formally opened.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net