Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, February 27, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Arinc, SITA Roll Out New Tracking Options for Airlines
Link to article in Aviation Week & Space Technology:
2) Talking Drones to Improve Airspace Safety
Link to article in The Engineer:
Link to news release
3) Ramp Technology to Prevent Incursions
Link to article in Ground Support Worldwide:
4) Trenton-Mercer Airport to Get Branding Strategy Under New Marketing Contract
Link to article in the Times of Trenton:
5) Riverton (Wyoming) Airport Board Chairman on Marketing Idea: The Cart is Before the Horse
Link to article in County 10:
6) Smartworld CEO Says Airports Must Embrace Smart Systems to Cope with Growth
Link to article in Passenger Terminal Today:
7) How the FAA and Airlines Sleuth for Safety
Link to article from the FAA:
8) Tolling Review 2014
Link to magazine:
GPS / NAVIGATION
9) GPS Serves a Pivotal Role in Big Data Stickiness
Link to article on TechRepublic:
10) Alabama DOT Director Stops Road Projects Because of Senator's Billboard Critical of Governor
Link to article on AL.com:
Link to article on Yellowhammer
11) How We Found the Worst Place to Park in New York City – Using Big Data
Link to TEDxNewYork video:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
12) J. Paul Vance Out as Chief Connecticut State Police Spokesman
Link to article in the Hartford Courant:
SAFETY / SECURITY
13) Snowflake Machine Leads to Safer Roads
Link to article on Dakota Student:
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
14) Will Nissan Beat Google and Uber to Self-Driving Taxis?
Link to article in IEEE Spectrum:
15) MBTA Ninja: The 'Waze for the T'
Link to article on BostInno:
Link to MBTA Ninja
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
16) Niagara International Transportation Technology Coalition Gets $200,000 Federal Grant for Traffic Information Operations
Link to article in The Buffalo News:
17) Apple Watch Will Replace Electronic Car Keys, Says CEO
Link to article on AppleInsider:
18) Audiobooks in Cars: A Niche Market or Untapped Opportunity?
Link to commentary on MediaPost:
- Traffic Signal Systems Analyst – Maricopa County DOT – Phoenix, Arizona
Fashion inspiration comes from the most unexpected places.
T3 Webinar: Using Crowdsourced Data from Social Media to Enhance TMC Operations – March 11
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net