Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, March 29, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Air Travel Made Easier for Families Living with Autism
Link to story on KMSP-TV:
Link to further information: http://www.ausm.org/index.php/navigating-autism.html
2) Has Google's Street View Changed the Way We Behave?
Link to BBC News story:
3) Indian Government: All National Highways to Have Electronic Toll Collection System by 2014
Link to article in The Economic Times:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) Expert Advice: Galileo Looking Forward – An Interview with Paul Flament
Link to article in GPS World:
5) Indoor GPS: Why Tech Companies Want to Track You Inside
Link to article in The Christian Science Monitor:
6) State DOTs Recognized for Innovation in 2013 Best of ITS Awards
Link to article in the AASHTO Journal:
7) US Coast Guard National Maritime Security Advisory Committee to Discuss Cyber Security
Link to article in Government Security News:
8) Inrix Traffic Data Shows Improving Economy, Big Data Possibilities
Link to article on Xconomy:
9) News from ERTICO
- First Mobility Challenge Newsletter Available
- Transport Research Arena Announces 5th Conference to Be Held in April 2014 in Paris
- iMobility Support and FOTNET Launch Call for Tender on Probe Data
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
10) Residents of Grimsby, UK Join Online Debate to Discuss Development Project
Link to article in the Grimsby Telegraph:
11) Amtrak for iOS Updates with iPhone 5 Support and Train Status Redesign
Link to blog on 9to5Mac:
12) Avery Dennison, 3M Settle Antitrust Litigation Involving Reflective Sheeting on Signs
Link to article in the Los Angeles Business Journal:
SAFETY / SECURITY
13) Google Expands Emergency Alerts to Millions of People
Link to article in USA Today:
14) Can Telematics Convince Generation Y to Buy Cars?
Link to article on Telematics Update:
15) Branding Individual Routes: Too Many Colors, or the Gold Standard of Legibility?
Link to blog on Human Transit:
16) A Safety-First Message Aimed at Getting More Youths Behind the Wheel
Link to article in The New York Times:
17) App Will Plug Into Your Car to Save Gas and Dial 911 in Event of Crash
Link to column in Inc.:
2) Maryland Transit Administration Unveils Online Ticketing Service for MARC Train and Commuter Bus Patrons
He did it his way.
Webinar: Highway Preservation Starts with Effective Communication – April 18
Today in Transportation History
1883 **130th anniversary** Enea Bossi, Sr., an aircraft designer, was born in Milan, Italy.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net