Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, April 30, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
IBTTA Summit on AET, Managed Lanes & Interoperability
Full Program Online – Register Today!
Register and make your travel arrangements today for the IBTTA Summit on All-Electronic Tolling, Managed Lanes & Interoperability, July 20-22, 2014, at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront in San Diego, CA. This is IBTTA’s largest Summit and will focus on the latest developments in managed lane projects, the migration to AET, interoperability, customer demographic changes and related issues. Booth space is available. Visit www.IBTTA.org/sandiego for the full program, travel, hotel and other information.
1) Macau Aviation Authorities, Air Macau Agree on Safety Information Exchange
Link to article in the Macau Daily Times:
2) A New Map Gives New Yorkers the Power to Report Traffic Hazards
Link to blog on The Atlantic Cities:
3) Bangalore ITS a Non-Starter
Link to article in The Hindu:
4) Africa's Biggest Vessel Traffic Management System Inaugurated in Ghana
Link to article on GhanaWeb:
5) Opening Up Public Sector Data Will Give Value Back to the Citizen
Link to article on Science|Business:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) Can Comedians End Distracted Driving Epidemic?
Link to article in The Washington Post:
7) Hackers Can Mess with Traffic Lights to Jam Roads and Reroute Cars
Link to article in Wired:
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
8) Ride-Sharing Apps Ruled Out By New South Wales Government
Link to article in The Sydney Morning Herald:
10th ITS European Congress – June 16-19 – Helsinki
Today in Transportation History
2009 **5th anniversary** Chrysler filed for bankruptcy.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net