Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, May 31, 2018 - Cranford, New Jersey
GEWI’s TIC Software Powers In-Vehicle Work Zone Alerts at ITS America
Visitors to ITS America in Detroit from June 4-7th can take a demonstration drive to view a new In-Vehicle Smart Work Zone alert designed to improve safety in work zones. The demonstration includes technology from GEWI, HERE Technologies and iCone which will alert driver to real-time work zone conditions, closures and advice related to approaching road work.
iCone will place their devices on work zone equipment which transmits real-time information collected by GEWI’s TIC Software. TIC is also used in the HERE’s Live Traffic Operations Center where HERE systems deliver the work zone data to the in-vehicle navigation system as well as portable navigation devices (PND’s).
The ITS America demonstration is similar to a German Smart Work Zone project powered by GEWI which was launched in March of 2018. Those unable to attend ITS America can learn more about this project here. To schedule a demonstration at ITS America, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
1) New App Looks at Bikeshare Programs and Public Transit When Planning Your Route
2) Virginia Researchers Study Simple and High-Tech Ways to Reduce Increasing Pedestrian Crashes
3) Florida Sunpass to Be Down Almost a Week for Maintenance
INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS
4) Hanoi to Set Up Intelligent Transport System
5) Sage Automation, the Company Behind the High-Tech Smart Systems on Our Roads
6) Geospatial Industry Exploiting Radar, RF Data for Maritime Security and Disaster Response
7) Goodyear Expands Mobility Testing with Mcity Partnership
8) APTA: Commuter Railroads Making Progress on PTC
9) Road Flood Warning System Developed by Trent University Student
SAFETY / SECURITY
10) Researchers Create Framework to Stop Cyber Attacks on Internet-Connected Cars
11) The ‘Genius’ Idea to Improve Signaling Accuracy in the New York City Subway
12) Interview with IndyGo President and CEO Michael Terry
13) Waymo Extends Fiat Chrysler Partnership, May Bring Driverless Tech to Retail
14) MIT Researchers Present Dynamic Lane-Change Algorithm for AVs
15) Will Self-Driving Vehicles Finally Bring Broadband to Rural America?
1) Public Transit Agencies Should Not Have to Disclose Safety Planning Records in Court, Similar to Laws for State Highway Agencies and Passenger Railroads, Says Report
I-95 Coalition Webinar: Shared Transportation Services -- Leveraging GTFS with Regional Partners - June 20
The Transportation Communications Newsletter (ISSN 1529-1057) is published electronically Monday through Friday. For a free subscription or to unsubscribe, or for comments or questions, please contact me at email@example.com. TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Follow me on Twitter @TransportComm.
© 2018 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com 1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016