Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, November 30, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
TCN November Fundraiser Comes to an End
Thank you for all your support during my November fundraiser! The support came in a variety of ways, including contributions, new subscribers and those who purchased ads in the newsletter or used my voiceover services. If you'd like to make a donation as we close out the month please look below for information on how you can contribute. Thanks!
1) Lawmakers: Lax FAA Rules on Drone Surveillance Will Put Privacy at Risk
Link to article in The Hill:
2) An Airport App Takes You Outside, to a Rental Car
Link to blog in The New York Times:
3) Better Know an Airport with iOS and Airport Guide
Link to blog on CNET:
4) Site-Based Video System Design and Development
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
5) Partnerships with Japan, EU Accelerate ITS Development
Link to article from the Volpe Transportation Systems Center:
6) Stranded Nairobi Commuters Turn to Social Media for Transport
Link to article in the Daily Nation:
7) First Phase of ITS to Be Ready in Hyderabad by End of 2013
Link to article in The Hindu:
8) New J.D. Power Survey Ranks Travel-Booking Websites
Link to article in USA Today:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/6eJIx
9) Florida DOT's SunGuide Disseminator – December 2012
Link to newsletter:
10) New Hampshire Lawmakers May Look at Selling Naming Rights to Bridges, Overpasses
Link to article in the Concord Monitor:
11) Taxi Documentary Brings Cabbie Grit and Wisdom
Link to article on Transportation Nation:
Checks or money orders may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen Court
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online with a credit card via PayPal at:
Here's a sidewalk that will literally put a bounce in your step.
- Call for Presentations – ITS Australia Summit 2013 – ITS Australia
Intertraffic China – March 4-6 – Beijing
Today in Transportation History
1962 **50th anniversary** Eastern Airlines Flight 512 crashed while attempting to land at New York International Airport (Idlewild). Of the 51 people aboard, 25 were killed.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net