Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, August 31, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) EU-Wide Interoperable Electronic Toll Service Still Far Off
Link to article in Europolitics:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
2) Innovative Use of Social Media by Kenya Red Cross to Promote Road Safety
Link to article in the Global Road Safety Partnership Newsletter:
3) A Toolkit for Reporting Rural and Specialized Transit Data--Making Transit Count
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
4) Real-Time Traffic Updates Launched for Drivers on Scotland's A9
Link to BBC News story:
Link to news release from Transport Scotland: http://goo.gl/wVNSp
5) Traffic Management – Road versus Rail
Link to article in The Rail Engineer:
6) Connected Cars: The Future of Driving Unveiled
Link to story on Bloomberg TV:
- Request for Quotes - Intelligent Vehicle System Automated Voice Annunciator – City of Commerce, California
- Request for Proposals - Short- and Long-Range Transit Development Plan – Fairbanks North Star Borough, Alaska
2012 National Safety Rest Area Conference – September 17-20 – Salt Lake City, Utah
It's not everyday that you see a bridge passing through a lock.
Today in Transportation History
1987 **25th anniversary** A Thai Airways crashed on its landing approach to Phuket International Airport, killing all 83 people aboard.
September 1, 1962 **50th anniversary** The Port of New York Authority became the owner of the Hudson & Manhattan Railroad and renamed it PATH (Port Authority Trans-Hudson).
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net