Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, January 31, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Canadian Spy Agency Used Airport Wi-Fi to Track Travelers after They Left Airport
Link to story on CBC News:
2) In the Event of an Air Emergency, Remember What Alf Said
Link to article in The New York Times:
3) Integrating Community Emergency Response Teams (A-CERTs) at Airports
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
4) Get a Peek at Toll Road Technology
Link to McClatchy News Service article:
5) Radar Network to Broaden Indian Coast Guard's Surveillance
Link to article in the Deccan Herald:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) The Tricks Designers Use to Make Roads Safer
Link to article on The Atlantic Cities:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
7) Traffic Management in Chennai, via Facebook
Link to article in The Hindu:
8) GM's Customer Focus Will Produce a Winning Infotainment Strategy
Link to blog from Strategy Analytics:
9) Playback: Connected Vehicle Reference Implementation Architecture Webinar #1: V2I Safety Applications
Link to further information from US DOT:
10) Timely Session at American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting in Atlanta Looks at Weather Impacts on Transportation
Link to The Front Page blog from AMS:
- CHART Regional Managers – Maryland State Highway Administration - Anne Arundel County, Maryland
Keep a tight grip on the steering wheel when driving through Wyoming.
Airport Cities World Conference & Exhibition – March 31-April 2 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Today in Transportation History
1944 **70th anniversary** US forces landed on Kwajalein Atoll during World War II.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net