Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, February 28, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Teague's Cabin Vision: The Future of the Passenger Experience
Link to article on Future Travel Experience:
2) Using Technology to Sooth the Achilles' Heel of the Traveler Experience
Link to commentary on Tnooz:
3) Utah Senators Move to Limit Big Brother-Like Tracking
Link to article in The Salt Lake Tribune:
4) Cab Drivers Stage Protest at Fort Lauderdale, Florida Airport Over Safety Cameras
Link to article in The Miami Herald:
5) The Map London Has In Its Head
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
6) Delta Air Lines Cargo Embracing Technology
Link to article in Air Cargo World:
GPS / NAVIGATION
7) Traffic App Waze Introduces Real-Time Map Changes
Link to article in Forbes:
8) GPS System Says Who Goes First to Emergencies in Fountain Valley, California
Link to article in the Orange County Register:
9) Nevada DMV Adding 'Motor Vehicle Network' TV to Offices
Link to story on KTVN-TV:
10) The Tricky Business of Commercial Advertising in Public Places
Link to column in Governing:
SAFETY / SECURITY
11) Ports of Long Beach, Los Angeles Using USC Software to Beef Up Security
Link to article in the Press-Telegram:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/VDI9d
12) Electronic Logging, Sleep Apnea Screening Requirements Still on US Lawmakers' Radar
Link to article in Truck News:
- Sales Director, Middle East-Roadway Sensors – Iteris – Middle East
- Senior Transportation Engineer/Associate Vice President – Iteris – Santa Ana, California
- Regional Sales Director, Latin America – Iteris – Mexico, Central or South America
ITS Massachusetts Annual Meeting – May 8 – Boston
Today in Transportation History
1913 **100th anniversary** The Oregon Highway Commission, predecessor of the Oregon Department of Transportation, was created.
1958 **55th anniversary** One of the worst school bus accidents in history took place near Prestonburg, Kentucky. The bus plunged into a rain-swollen river killing 27 students and the bus driver.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net