Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, January 29, 2016 – ISSN 1529-1057
@TransportComm Gives You the Jump on Transportation News
If you're on Twitter why not follow me there @TransportComm. Each day I highlight some of the more interesting stories coming up in that day's TCN. Among those who already follow are USDOT, HNTB, ITS America, BNSF, ITS Australia, ERTICO and Celebrity Cruises. It's one more way you can help support the TCN. Thanks and have a great weekend!
1) University of Wisconsin Aids Madison in Competition for Cutting-Edge Future
Link to Badger Herald article
2) US Navy Unmanned System Passes Tests on Submersible
Link to GPS World article
3) Insurers See New Technology Risks at Sea
Link to Maritime Executive article
4) Digital Technology Has Downside on Ships
Link to MarineLink article
5) Indian Port Operators Seek E-Governance
Link to The Hindu article
6) Xerox to Split Into Two Companies: One for Documents, One for Processes
Link to NPR story
7) Demonstration Shows Unmanned Ground-Air Collaboration
Link to GPS World article
8) Call for App to Work with New Parking Guidance Signs in Galway, Ireland
Link to Galway Bay FM Radio story
9) Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit Rolls Out Operations Center, Safety Campaign
Link to North Bay Business Journal article
10) Israel Railways Begins Tendering for ERTMS Rollout
Link to International Railway Journal article
SAFETY / SECURITY
11) State Programs – the Lifeblood of Operations Lifesaver
Link to Operation Lifesaver Train of Thought blog
12) Houston Metro Tries a High-Tech Way to Keep Buses Running on Time
Link to KUHF Radio story
13) University of Washington Researchers Use Wireless to Track Transit Use
Link to The Daily article
14) Study Finds Automatic Braking Cuts Rear-End Crash Risk
Link to AP article
15) London's First Driverless Cars Based on Heathrow 'Pods'
Link to BBC News story
4) National Association of the Deaf and Gogo Agree to Make Closed Captions Available on In-Flight Entertainment Systems
- Senior Tolls Specialist – Traffic Technologies, Inc. – New York, New York
Why Southern Californians love saying 'the' before freeway numbers.
- Nominations Sought – Short Line/Regional Railroad of the Year – Railway Age
Passenger Terminal Expo – March 15-17 – Cologne, Germany
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016