Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, November 30, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
Goodbye, November – Last Day of TCN Fundraiser
As I write this there are less than seven hours to go in November and this is the final time you'll see a fundraising request in the TCN until May 2012. Thank you to all who have contributed! It's very humbling to see you value these daily updates enough to support them financially. For those who would like to donate to the TCN there's still an opportunity to do so. Just scroll down for further information. With PayPal as an option, you can contribute even if you're located outside the US. Again, my thanks for all your support!
1) US Supreme Court to Hear HIV-Positive Pilot's Privacy Case
Link to story on NPR's Morning Edition:
2) Better Information Needed to Prevent Tarmac Delays
Link to AP article:
3) FAA Searching for Space-Based ADS-B Provider
Link to article on Flightglobal:
4) Indianapolis Airport to Replace Artwork with Video Wall
Link to article in The Indianapolis Star:
Link to news release from the Indianapolis Airport Authority:
5) Airport Advertising – Enough or Too Much?
Link to article in Airport Business:
6) Paris Airports Release New Real-Time Updates and App
Link to blog on SmartPlanet:
Link to Aéroports de Paris Live!:
7) Toll Cheaters Deterred by New Garden State Parkway Cameras, So Far
Link to article in The Star-Ledger:
GPS / NAVIGATION
8) Crunch Time for GLONASS Navigation Satellite Constellation
Link to article on TheWhereBusiness:
9) How are Construction Equipment Manufacturers and Contractors Using Social Media and the Internet?
Link to column in Equipment World:
10) NYC 2.0: The Travelers
A look at new transportation technologies in New York City, including bike-sharing, parking app and a bus-tracking system.
Link to video on WNYE-TV:
11) iMobility Newsletter – November 2011
Link to newsletter from ERTICO:
SAFETY / SECURITY
12) Quake Warning System for US West Coast Nears Reality
Link to article in the Contra Costa Times:
13) innovITS ADVANCE Demonstrates Comprehensive eCall Test and Certification Capability
Link to article from ERTICO:
14) Somerset County, New Jersey Launches Distracted Driving Initiative
Link to story on WKXW Radio:
15) Why Telematics Needs Better Consumer Marketing
Link to article on Telematics Update:
16) Telematics and the Car-as-Service Model
Link to article on Telematics Update:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
17) Behind the Scenes of Olympic Cities' High-Tech Transport Systems
Link to article on Mashable:
18) High-Tech Systems Planned to Monitor Traffic on South African Roads
Link to article from the Cape Argus:
19) Cranberry, Pennsylvania's High-Tech Center Keeps Traffic Flowing
Link to article on Cranberry Patch:
20) Articles from Public Service Review
- New Technology and Greater Communication and Flexibility Can Ease Burden on Transport Systems
- Role of Variable Message Signs Championed in Delivering Information to UK Road Users
- Inaccuracy Concerns at UK Real-Time Bus Shelter Displays Means Different ITS Solution Needed
- Profile: RouteMapper
21) Kia Tackles Infotainment and In-Car Safety Challenges
Link to podcast from Telematics Update:
Checks or money orders may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen CT
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online with a credit card via PayPal at:
In-Time Webinar: Delivering Multimodal Real-Time and Reliable Traffic and Travel Information – December 2
Today in Transportation History
1911 **100th anniversary** The keel was laid for the HMHS Britannic. It was the largest ocean liner for the White Star Line and was the sister ship of the RMS Titanic.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net