Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
BlueTOAD™ is hopping with over 500 installations across the USA.
BlueTOAD by TrafficCast is the industry's leading Bluetooth™ traffic monitoring system. It accurately measures travel times, road speeds and route choice behaviors through anonymous detection of Bluetooth signals from mobile devices inside vehicles, and the vehicles themselves. An advanced software interface is included that automatically calculates the traffic data, in real-time or over time. BlueTOAD minimizes the hassles of technology setup, and affords quick access to meaningful data. BlueTOAD can work independent of local power and data connectivity, or installs directly in traffic signal cabinets. And the new Mini-BlueTOAD is perfect to collect data for studies, performance measures and before/after analysis.
Agencies, consultants and planning organizations in all regions of the country have taken advantage of BlueTOAD's accurate travel time data, origin/destination analysis and cost-effective deployment options. Learn how you can benefit from advanced Bluetooth™ detection. And other options for advanced traffic data services from TrafficCast. Contact Paul Misticawi at (678) 575-0958, firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Victoria Auditor Backs Speed Camera Reliability
Link to article on ZDNet Australia:
Link to report from the Auditor-General:
2) News from ERTICO
- The Orlando ITS World Congress Interview: US DOT
- The Orlando ITS World Congress Interview: Pat McGowan, World Congress Chair and President of Telvent North America
- The ERTICO Partnership at ITS World Congress
3) IBM Banks on Small Start-ups, Like Streetline, for Big Growth
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
4) Virginia Awards Rest Area Contract that Will Include Kiosks with Travel Information
Link to article in The Free Lance-Star:
Link to news release from the Virginia Governor's Office:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) Boston's Logan Airport to House First Counterterrorism 'Nerve Center' Based at a US Airport
Link to article in The Boston Globe:
Link to news release from the Massachusetts Port Authority:
6) State Attorneys General Call for Reallocation of Spectrum for Public Safety Network
Link to article in the National Journal:
Link to letter from the National Association of Attorneys General:
7) Integration is the Key to the Future of Telematics
Interview with Newth Morris, President – Teleogis GeoBase and Route, Teleogis.
Link to interview:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) Mississippi DOT Upgrades Traffic Monitoring System
Link to story and video on WLBT-TV:
Link to news release from Mississippi DOT:
9) Complicated System Helps You Drive Through Roseville, California
Link to article in The Press-Tribune:
ITS Ireland Annual Conference – October 6-7 – Galway, Ireland
Today in Transportation History
1811 **200th anniversary** Louis-Antoine, Comte de Bougainville, a French admiral and explorer, died in Paris.
1961 **50th anniversary** The first section of Toronto's Don Valley Parkway opened.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net