Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, April 29, 2008 -- ISSN 1529-1057
Registration for IBTTA’s Organization Management Workshop Now Open -- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, June 1-3, 2008
Centered on the theme Partnership and Performance – Connecting People and Ideas, IBTTA heads to Philly to explore generational factors as they pertain to internal and external communications. Workplace ethics and performance measurement will be explored along with an array of other timely issues surrounding the management of your organization. This workshop is hosted by The Delaware River and Bay Authority, Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission and South Jersey Transportation Authority. Registration deadline is May 23, 2008. Download the program, find the details and register online today! www.IBTTA.org.
1) Airline Communications
Harvard Business Online has several articles dealing with communication from the airline industry during recent events.
- Crisis Communication and American Airlines
- How Can British Airways Recover from the Terminal 5 Disaster?
- Delta-Northwest Create the Press Release of the Future
- Why Your Company Needs a News Room
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) Google Map Directions Get Street View
Link to story on CNET News:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
3) US Secretary of Transportation Launches Blog
Link to story in Federal Computer Week:
Link to news release from US DOT:
Link to the Fast Lane:
4) Missouri DOT Sign Does Little to Curb Road Rage
Link to commentary in The Pitch:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) Now Boarding at BWI Airport: Security with Hint of Calm
Link to story in The Washington Post:
6) Senators, States Beat Up on Real ID Plans
Link to CNET News story:
7) Technology Snags People Passing Stopped School Bus
Test in Syracuse, New York shows higher than expected number of vehicles making illegal passes.
Link to story and video report on News 10 Now:
8) Knoxville Area Transit Picks Firm for Transit Center Rebranding
Link to story in the Knoxville News Sentinel:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Nokia Maps Gets Real-Time Traffic Info
Link to story on TechRadar:
10) Nissan EA2 Concept Showcases Drive-by-Wire Technologies
Link to story in Motor Trend:
Transportation Research Board Webinar: Accommodating Pedestrians at Signalized Intersections – May 8
Today in Transportation History
1882 – The Elektromote, the first trolleybus, was demonstrated by Dr. Ernst Werner von Siemens in Berlin.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2008 Bernie Wagenblast