Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, July 4, 2008 -- ISSN 1529-1057
GPS / NAVIGATION
1) GPS Might Help Monitor Fuel Usage
Link to story in The Oklahoman:
2) University of Virginia Traffic Operations Class has Students Create Podcasts on Sustainable Transportation
Link to story from U.Va. Engineer:
3) Texas Transportation Researcher Online
- Innovation Through Research
- Integrating Advanced Technology
- The Sound of Safety - When Hearing is Seeing
- Managed Lanes Research Shows Broad Reach
SAFETY / SECURITY
4) ESC Symposium Calls for Commitment in Promoting Safety Technologies
Link to story from ERTICO-ITS Europe:
5) India to Track Fast Growth in Telematics
Link to story on Sify:
6) Trick Out Your Fleet with Fuel Consumption Monitors from Networkcar
Link to column on ZDNet:
1) New Agreement to Accelerate Deployment of the European Railway Traffic Management System (ERTMS)
IBTTA 76th Annual Meeting & Exhibition – September 20-24 – Baltimore, Maryland
Many TV stations are combining news, traffic and weather together but this station’s approach is unique.
Today in Transportation History
1837 – Construction began on the Grand Junction Railway in England.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2008 Bernie Wagenblast