Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 -- ISSN 1529-1057
Join Key Transportation Policy Makers at ITS America’s 2009 Annual Meeting – June 1-3
The Intelligent Transportation Society of America invites you to National Harbor, Maryland - in the Washington, DC metropolitan area – from June 1-3, 2009 for ITS America’s 2009 Annual Meeting and Exposition. With ITS America 2009 in the Metro Washington Area, we have a wonderful opportunity to interact with legislators on the federal, state and local level to showcase ITS products and services. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, members of Congress, and key transportation administrators have been invited to speak during the Plenary sessions scheduled on Monday and Wednesday and to experience ITS technologies in action while at the Meeting. This is a critical opportunity for our industry to demonstrate how ITS technologies can improve safety, mobility, and the environment while optimizing transportation dollars and helping to finance the future of our transportation system. For additional information on the ITS America 2009 Annual Meeting Program, click here.
1) FAA: Memo About Denver Air Safety ‘Alarming’
Link to story on KCNC-TV:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) Traffic-Ready PNDs Challenged by Economy
Link to story in This Week in Consumer Electronics:
3) MIT Offering Two One-Week Summer Courses
- Discrete Choice Analysis: Predicting Demand and Market Shares
- Modeling and Simulation of Transportation Networks
4) Latest Issue of Transport Business International Online
Includes articles on ITS, telematics, road safety and traffic management.
Link to magazine:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) US Lawmakers Want More Interoperability in Emergency Comms
Link to story in Federal Computer Week:
6) High Costs Kill Off London Underground Mobile Plans
Link to story on ZDNet Asia:
7) Breaking Down the ‘Silos’ that Isolate Ridership Data
Link to story in Passenger Transport:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) iFlorida Model Deployment Final Evaluation Report
Link to report from FHWA:
1) NYSDOT, NYSERDA Fund Projects to Reduce Vehicle Miles Traveled and Greenhouse Gases
2009 International CAD Consortium Conference – May 3-7 – Reston, Virginia
Today in Transportation History
1979 **30th anniversary** - A portion of the Penmanshiel Tunnel in Scotland collapsed, killing two workers.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast