Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, October 9, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Getting Air Traffic Under Control
Link to article in Time:
2) Consensus Emerges for NextGen Priorities
Link to article in Aviation Week:
3) Controllers Were Joking, Giggling Before New York City Air Crash
Link to AP article and audio:
4) Helicopter in South Carolina Crash Lacked Some Safety Features, NTSB Says
Link to article in The Washington Post:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
5) Oklahoma DOT Twitter Plans Follow Text Talk
Link to AP article:
Link to news release from Oklahoma DOT:
6) Traffic Monitoring with a Self-Sensing Concrete Nanotechnology Road Surface
Link to article on Nanowerk:
ITS California Annual Meeting – November 16-17 – Anaheim, California
Here’s a way to prevent global warming that you might not have considered.
Today in Transportation History
1799 **210th anniversary** - The HMS Lutine, a British frigate, was lost off the Dutch coast during a storm. Only one of the 270 people aboard the ship survived.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast