1) Australia to Become First Nation with Radar-Like Coverage of Entire Country
Link to article in The Australian:
2) Air France Inquiry Calls for 'Black Box' Changes
Link to BBC News story:
3) FAA Shows Off Airport Tower Simulator
Link to story and video on WGCL-TV:
4) City Council’s Hope for Free Internet at Austin-Bergstrom Airport Wishful Thinking
Link to article in the Austin Business Journal:
5) Business Aviation Group Pulls Ads from USA Today
Link to blog on Tnooz:
Link to letter from the National Business Aviation Association:
6) North Texas Tollway Authority Installs LED-Enhanced Signs to Prevent Wrong Way Driving
Link to article in the Plano Star-Courier:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Los Angeles Metrolink Got a Waiver to Not Post Simple Safety Signs
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
8) UK Government to Fund Switch to NFC-Compatible Transport Ticketing
Link to article in Near Field Communications World:
Link to news release from the Department for Transport:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Ohio Using Twitter for Traffic Updates This Winter
Link to AP article:
10) Dublin Drivers to Get Traffic Updates on Satnavs
Link to article in the Evening Herald:
11) Glitches Hamper Virtual Traffic Monitoring in Bangalore
Link to article in The Hindu:
12) A Friendly Face in a Bad Place
A profile of South Carolina's incident response team.
Link to article in The Post and Courier:
13) Ford Seeks iPhone-Like Apps for Its Cars
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
14) New Audi A8 to Come with Google Earth
Link to article in The New York Times:
Mobile World Congress – February 15-18 – Barcelona
Today in Transportation History
1969 **40th anniversary** - The US Secretary of the Air Force announced the termination of Project Blue Book, a program to investigate UFOs.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: email@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNL-unsubscribe@
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast www.