Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, June 3, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
Drivers Park Faster, Smarter with INRIX On-Street Parking – A Parking Revolution
INRIX On-Street Parking transforms the parking experience, giving drivers immediate location, availability and price information right in their vehicle. BMW has chosen INRIX On-Street Parking to address these challenges for their drivers and will be the first automaker to include this breakthrough service into its ConnectedDrive cars.
INRIX parking solutions equip drivers with the ability to quickly find and compare on and off-street parking options in cities throughout North America and Europe. Drivers get to their destination faster, more affordably and with less stress.
1) FAA to Pilots: Keep Transponders On While Taxiing
Link to article on AIN Online:
2) NASA and Verizon Plan to Monitor US Drone Network from Phone Towers
Link to article in The Guardian:
3) Changes Coming to Signs That Tell You if Your Toll Was Paid at New Jersey Plazas
Link to article in The Star-Ledger:
4) Meet the New President and CEO of ITS America, Regina Hopper
Link to interview on Transportation Radio:
5) ITS America Annual Meeting Daily News - Day 3
Link to newsletter:
6) Amtrak CEO Pledges to Put Safety Technology Into Operation
Link to AP article:
7) Most Commuter Railroads Won’t Meet Deadline for Mandated Safety Systems
Link to story on NPR’s Morning Edition:
8) Allstate Considers Selling Insurance Telematics Data
Link to article on Insurance Business:
9) Google Maps Now Shows Real-Time Transit Updates in Six Locations
Link to article on The Verge:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Waze and the Traffic Panopticon
Link to article in The New Yorker:
11) US Congress Pushes for ‘Talking Car’ Boost
Link to article in The Detroit News:
12) Toyota to Explore Ford-Based Connected Car System
Link to article in USA Today:
Link to news release
13) Nokia’s Mapping Unit, Here, a Key Prize for Self-Driving Cars
Link to article in the Detroit Free Press:
4) Port Authority of New York & New Jersey Launches Dashboard to Provide Public with Quarterly Updates on Capital Projects
ITS America Symposium: Building a Smart, Diverse and Shared Travel Network – July 16-17 – Seattle
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net