Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, January 19, 2016 – ISSN 1529-1057
HERE and Colorado Department of Transportation Announce First of its Kind Connected Vehicle Project
HERE and the Colorado DOT (CDOT) have announced the first cellular network-based connected vehicle alert system in the US. The project aims to maximize driver safety and roadway efficiency along the I-70 Mountain Corridor, which is one of the most challenging roads in the US due to extreme weather, high altitude, and significant congestion. In this RoadX Connected Vehicle Pilot, CDOT will leverage the HERE Location Cloud and Digital Transportation Infrastructure (DTI) solution to connect vehicles, smartphones and other devices, road infrastructure and traffic management centers. The HERE Location Cloud will ingest, analyze, and distribute highly accurate, safety critical information such as accidents or extreme weather to the right people within seconds.
To read more about this project, click here.
1) A Look into Dubai's Smart City Initiatives
Link to Enterprise Innovation article
2) Trucking Company Modern Transportation is Fueled by Data
Link to Commercial Carrier Journal article
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
3) Rail Safety Documents Heavily Redacted or Kept Secret by Transport Canada
Link to CBC News story
4) Ohio DOT Boosting Technology, Including RWIS, to Aid Snow Removal
Link to Dayton Daily News article
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) Making a Car that Won't Let You Sleep
Link to Motherboard article
6) Road Warriors Look for a Right Way to Prevent Wrong-Way Wrecks
Link to Miami Herald article
7) BMW to Roll Out Restaurant-Booking Digital Helper Within Months
Link to Bloomberg article
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) Pennsylvania Turnpike, Waze Team to Map Out Best Routes
Link to Tribune-Review article
9) Tech Seeks Green Light for Self-Driving Cars
Link to The Hill article
10) Entrepreneur to Launch Connected Car Incubator in India
Link to American Bazaar article
Parking Industry Exhibition – February 28-March 2 – Las Vegas
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016