Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, March 15, 2016 – ISSN 1529-1057
Mitsubishi Electric Display Walls meet the demanding needs of today’s modern traffic management center with the introduction of the VS-60HS12U slim-depth rear-projection cubes that not only occupies about half the foot print of conventional rear-projection displays at only 20” deep, but are also amazingly budget-friendly. Unlike LCD panels, the Mitsubishi Slim Cubes are designed to operate and run 24/7 with no screen degradation, thus minimal or no downtime, making its cost of operations and ownership more efficient than LCD panels. With each 60” diagonal display cube with full-HD resolution, Mitsubishi slim cubes with virtually seamless bezels let you configure your display wall to meet your display and visualization requirement exactly.
Visit for more information or schedule a demo. Also feel free to download our white papers to see how a Mitsubishi video wall can greatly enhance your traffic management process.
1) Detroit Metro Airport Rolls Out High-Tech Digital Directories
Link to Airport Improvement article
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
2) Foot Traffic Along Pedestrian Thoroughfare in Burlington, Vermont Measured Via Wi-Fi
Link to Burlington Free Press article
3) Google Updates Maps, Giving Users More Ways to Commute
Link to Tech Times article
4) MEPs Engage Stakeholds on How to Bring the Transport Sector into the Digital Age
Link to FIA article
5) Panos Prevedouros Discusses Transportation in Hawaii
Link to interview on E Hana Kakou on Think Tech Hawaii
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) Minnesota DOT Audit Finds a Lack of Transparency, Objectivity
Link to Pioneer Press article
7) Investigation Says Hillsborough County, Florida Officials Broke No Laws But Inappropriately Destroyed Public Records
Link to WTSP-TV story
8) Report: Americans Were Stuck in Traffic for 8 Billion Hours in 2015
Link to CNNMoney article
Link to news release
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) European Commission Road Safety Newsletter – March 2016
Link to newsletter
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
10) Uber Now Sharing Data with Moscow Transportation Department
Link to Global Voices article
11) Senators, Google Urge National US Self-Driving Regulations
Link to Reuters article
NOCoE Webinar: Performance Measurement and Monitoring in TSM&O-Current Practice and Future Development – April 22
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016