Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, July 27, 2016 – ISSN 1529-1057
Transportation moves rural America. Rural communities need safe, viable roads and multi-modal systems to move people from place to place; and to move goods and services to markets, often across long distances. Without reliable and well-maintained transportation networks through rural areas, visitors cannot enjoy iconic travel and recreation opportunities; and businesses cannot ensure coast-to-coast delivery of goods. In recognition of this, the National Center for Rural Road Safety is hosting a working Summit in Denver, Colorado September 7-9th. This will not be your typical meeting as attendees will be asked to participate by identifying CHALLENGES and finding SOLUTIONS. The early registration deadline is August 8, 2016. Learn more here.
GPS / NAVIGATION
1) GPS-Equipped Seabirds Being Used to Gauge Wind Speeds
Link to Japan Times article
2) Cities Sue, Saying Missouri’s Court Revenue Reporting Rules Are Too Vague
Link to St. Louis Post-Dispatch article
3) Israeli Technology and the Future of Transportation
Link to TechCrunch article
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) How Can Transportation Business Tell Engaging Stories?
Link to Huffington Post blog
5) New Ontario Campaign Puts Tongue-in-Cheek Spin on Anti-texting-and-Driving Message
Link to Toronto Star article
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) Matts-Åke Belin of Swedish Transport Administration Discusses Vision Zero
Link to ITE Talks Transportation podcast
7) Pierce Transit Security Upgrades Come with Bonus for Riders -- Free Wi-Fi
Link to News Tribune article
1) Ford, MIT Project Uses LiDAR, Cameras, to Measure Pedestrian Traffic and Predict Demand for New, On-Demand Electric Shuttles
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016