Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, October 14, 2016 – Cranford, New Jersey
1) Airlines Add 'Fire Containment Bags' for Overheating Phones
Link to AP article
2) Heathrow Launches 'World-First' Flight Finder Facebook Tool
Link to The Financial article
3) Can Technology Rescue Overworked Air Traffic Controllers?
Link to Airport Technology article
4) Outages and Delays Highlight How Airline Industry Needs New IT Approaches
Link to ZDNet article
5) SatNav News – Summer 2016
Link to FAA newsletter
6) 4,800 Cedar Rapids, Iowa Traffic-Camera Tickets with Credit Warning Issued by 'Mistake'
Link to Gazette article
7) USDOT Releases New ITS-Related Publications
Link to ITS Joint Program Office update
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) Industry Ramps Up for National School Bus Safety Week
Link to School Transportation News article
9) 2017 BMW 5 Series Will Feature Wireless CarPlay Support
Link to MacRumors article
10) Vermont Receives Federal Grant to Develop Online Transit Trip Planners
Link to Times Argus article
11) UK Transport Secretary Says Rail Passengers Should Be Able to Pay with 'Flick of a Card' by End of 2018
Link to Daily Mail article
12) ATRA Pulse – October 2016
Link to Advanced Transit Association newsletter
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
13) Ontario Highway Signs Will Display GO Transit Information
Link to Oakville Beaver article
14) US Transportation Secretary: Vehicle Communication Rule Expected by January
Link to Bloomberg article
15) Mercedes-Benz Driverless Cars Will Hit Pedestrians Rather than Endanger Occupants
Link to Sydney Morning Herald article
You've likely heard of Google's Street View, that takes 360° views of roadways. Well, the Faroe Islands were a bit too remote for Google to pay a visit so Sheep View was created.
- Call for Papers – IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium 2017
Bureau of Transportation Statistics Webinar: Data Maps and Apps – October 25
The Transportation Communications Newsletter (ISSN 1529-1057) is published electronically Monday through Friday.
For a free subscription or to unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016