Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, October 12, 2017 - Cranford, New Jersey
Register for INRIX Webinar: Highly Granular & Actionable Mobility Analytics for Transportation Professionals
Join our Webinar next week to hear how transportation agencies and consultants are utilizing leading traffic data, analytics and visualizations to improve roadway performance across cities and strategic road networks. Bob Pishue, INRIX Sr. Economist, will present findings of the new U.S. Hotspots Study, and Chris Bridges, INRIX Analytics Product Manager, will provide an overview of INRIX Roadway Analytics next-gen features and capabilities. Reserve your seat today!
- Easily extract actionable insights from big data to help you understand what’s happening on your roads – benchmark and improve roadway performance.
- Identify and prioritize locations for roadway improvement, and more accurately measure and report the impact of investments.
- Use data visualizations to enrich and communicate your findings with stakeholders and city leadership.
1) Plan to Track E-ZPass Users on New York City Streets Raises Civil Liberties Concerns
INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS
2) Smart Technology Makes Managing Traffic a Breeze for Transportation Departments
3) Smart Street Lights Lay the Groundwork for Future IoT Deployments
4) IEEE ITS Society Newsletter - October 2017
5) Autonomous Guided Vehicles, Hands-Free Fare Gates: A Glimpse Into the Future of Singapore’s Transport
6) Finnish Government Supports Unique MaaS Pilot Project in Tampere
7) Task Force Created at NC State University to Improve Communication on Campus Transportation
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Swedish Transport Agencies Targeted in Cyberattack
9) Can Better Data Make Zero Traffic Deaths a Reality?
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
10) Lyft Adds In-App Navigation for Drivers via Google Maps
11) Princeton Alum Works at Uber to Expand Access to Affordable Transportation
TRAFFIC INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
12) The Responder - October 2017
13) Real-Time Information to Be Displayed at 251 Bangalore Bus Stops
14) Do Brands Matter in Public Transit?
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
15) Minnesota DOT Maps Real-Time Traffic Patterns in New Pilot
StreetLight Data news release
16) Phone App Makes Navigating Nevada’s Project Neon Easier
17) New Hampshire Lawmakers Consider Driverless Car Testing by 2019
18) California DMV Revises Rules to Get Ready for Self-Driving Future
19) Mitsubishi’s New Vehicle Warning Signals Are Projected Onto the Road
Mitsubishi Electric news release
1) Reno A&E Introduces New UltraLoop Series of Prefabricated Loops for Access Control Applications – The UltraLite Series
The Transportation Communications Newsletter (ISSN 1529-1057) is published electronically Monday through Friday. For a free subscription or to unsubscribe, or for comments or questions, please contact me at email@example.com. TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
© 2017 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com 1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016