Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, August 7, 2018 - South Burlington, Vermont
We are only 2 months away from CVTA’s 9th Summit on the Future of the Connected Vehicle!
This event is streamlined to provide an 18 - 24 month trajectory glimpse of the Connected and Autonomous Vehicle. Our Keynote presentation will be by Diamond Sponsor Michigan Department of Transportation. Panel Discussions will include: a Tier 1 panel, a Cybersecurity panel, a Smart Communities panel, a Testing and Certification panel and a Finance panel with VC, Incubator, 2nd and 3rd stage investors.For more information visit the Summit’s website. Our reception on the night of October 3rd will be at the Michigan Beer Company in Novi and should be a great event! Register for the Summit here, Rooms at the Hyatt adjacent to the Suburban Collection Showcase are being reserved already, so if you need one, go here soon: The booking code for the event rate is “CVTA”.
1) Flight Attendant-Pilot Communications Examined for Aircraft Evacuations
2) An Airline Scans Your Face. You Take Off. But Few Rules Govern Where Your Data Goes.
3) British Columbia Red-Light Cameras Now Live 24/7 to Reduce Accidents
INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS
4) Effects on ITS Planning and Deployment in a Connected Vehicle Environment
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Trump’s Lack of Action on Public Works Sparks New Ad Campaign
6) Behind the Scenes: Spain’s High-Speed Railway
7) Ohio DOT Curbs Wrong-Way Drivers With New Signs, Roadway Arrows
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) New North Dakota Policy Prohibits Use of Cellphones in Cars During Work Hours
TRAFFIC INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
9) Oklahoma DOT Unveils ‘GO-DOT’ Program to Keep Traffic Moving in Work Zones
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Traffic Data in Tampa Gets the AI Treatment
11) GM Expands In-Dash Fuel Payment Nationwide
12) Uber Death May Have Been Avoidable With Volvo’s Tech, IIHS Says
Connecticut Association for Community Transportation Statewide Transportation Expo - October 15 - Newington, Connecticut
The Transportation Communications Newsletter (ISSN 1529-1057) is published electronically Monday through Friday. For a free subscription or to unsubscribe, or for comments or questions, please contact me at email@example.com. TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Follow me on Twitter @TransportComm.
© 2018 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com 1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016