Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, January 8, 2019 - Cranford, New Jersey
1) Behind the Scenes at DFW’s Customer Service Command Center
2) Norwegian Claims Industry First with Free Wi-Fi on Long-Haul Flights
3) Google Assistant Adding Flight Check-Ins
INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS
4) Proper Signage, CCTV Monitoring Missing on Delhi’s High-Speed Flyways
5) Rolls Royce’s Autonomous Ship Gives Us a Peek Into the Future of Sea Transport
6) Daimler and BMW Collaborating on Large Joint Urban Mobility Company
7) Is IoT a Game Changer for Transportation Industry?
8) Could a Chinese-Made DC Metro Car Spy on Us? Many Experts Say Yes.
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
9) Storytelling: The Newest, Age-Old Method to Communicate Your Transportation Project
10) Could a Philadelphia Company and a Push from Congress Save 30th Street Station’s Iconic Flipboard?
11) Seattle Traffic Signal Engineers Have Plan for Viaduct Closure
12) Transport Officials in Scotland Urged to Update North-East Road Signs
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
13) SoMo is a New Ride Planning/Sharing App Designed to Take on Uber and Lyft
14) Washington State’s Community Transit to Test Real-Time Technology for Swift Green Line
15) New York City’s Nostalgia Train
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
16) Virginia DOT’s Highway Advisory Radio Gives Its Last Traffic Report
17) Toyota Details Guardian Driver Assist to Avoid Car Crashes
18) AAA Acquires Largest Autonomous Vehicle Test Site in US
19) Wyoming DOT Holds Connected Vehicle Pilot Showcase Event
20) Announcements from Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Smart Cars Drive Day 1 at CES
3) Qualcomm Teams with City of Las Vegas, RTC of Southern Nevada and Commsignia to Implement C-V2X Vehicle Communications Technologies in Las Vegas
The Transportation Communications Newsletter (ISSN 1529-1057) is published electronically Monday through Friday. For a free subscription or to unsubscribe, or for comments or questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Follow me on Twitter @TransportComm.
© 2019 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com 1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016