Monday, April 30, 2007
Monday, April 30, 2007
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, April 30, 2007 -- ISSN 1529-1057
GLOBAL BORDER SECURITY CONFERENCE & EXHIBITION
MAY 8-10, 2007, SAN ANTONIO, TX
This three-day international conference and two-day exhibition will focus on cross border cargo transport and security, immigration issues and drug cartel containment.
Over 100 exhibitors and 1000 buyers from 10 countries are expected.
DON’T DELAY – To exhibit or attend, please contact George DeBakey, Harry Carter, or Peter Cappiello at 301-493-5500 or visit www.globalbordersecurity.com for more information.
1) Editorial Calls for Expansion of ITS in Louisiana
Link to editorial in The Daily Advertiser:
2) Soon, Real-Time Traffic Images on Your Computer, Mobile
Mumbai police webcams will help Mumbaikars plan city commutes better; already 70 of 100 cameras are on, 40 with working connectivity.
Link to story on Mumbai Newsline:
3) Are High-Tech Police Cars a Help or Risk for Officers?
Link to story in The Star-Ledger:
Link to additional information on Project54:
4) Ontario Ponders a New Proposed Warning System that Could Save Lives
Link to story on CHUM-TV:
5) GPS-Linked Phone System in Works at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
Link to story on WRAL-TV:
Link to news release from UNC-CH:
6) More Cars Make the Call for Help
Rescuers, relatives notified of crashes.
Link to story in the Chicago Tribune:
7) April Issue of Oregon DOT’s ITS Newsletter
Link to newsletter:
1) Transportation Marketing & Communications Association to Hand Out 2007 Compass Awards
- Request for Proposals – Multi-State Vehicle-Probe Traffic Data – I-95 Corridor Coalition
9th Smart Cards + Smart Label (RFID) China Exhibition & Users Conference – May 29-31 – Beijing
Today in Transportation History
1948 **60th anniversary** - Land Rover is introduced.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2007 Bernie Wagenblast