Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, May 1, 2007 -- ISSN 1529-1057
Experience the “VII Technology Showcase” at ITS America's 2007 Annual Meeting & Exposition
ITS America will present a VII Technology Showcase at its 2007 Annual Meeting & Exposition, June 4-6, 2007. Check out the latest vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication systems and related applications from Caltrans, California PATH, Econolite, InfoTek, Mark IV IVHS, O.M.J.C. Signal Controller, Raytheon and TechnoCom. The showcase will be staged in a parking lot outside the Palm Springs Convention Center – just a few steps from the exhibit hall to approximately 100,000 square feet of outdoor VII demonstrations! For the latest information on the VII Technology Showcase and its partners, visit www.itsa.org/amviishowcase.html.
1) Freeway Meltdown Offers Telecommuting Test Case in Bay Area
Link to MediaNews story:
2) UK Motorists Could be Tracked with GPS, Cameras
Link to Reuters story:
3) Study Lauds Maritime Navigation System
Galveston Bay's PORTS has saved $15 million a year, federal report says.
Link to story in the Houston Chronicle:
4) Air Traffic Controllers: FAA Radio Ban Threatens Safety
Link to AP story:
5) Maryland E-ZPass Workers Told to Deny Claims
Link to story and video report on WBAL-TV:
6) Mapping the Bay Bridge Traffic Snarl
Link to story on Poynter Online:
7) GPS Rivals
Link to UPI stories:
http://www.upi.com/Security_Terrorism/Analysis/2007/04/29/outside_view_gps_rivals__part_1/ (part 1)
http://www.upi.com/Security_Terrorism/Analysis/2007/04/29/outside_view_gps_rivals__part_2/ (part 2)
8) GPS + Live Traffic = Big Headache?
Link to column in The Orange County Register:
9) Azerbaijan Prepares Contest Paperwork for Baku Intelligent Traffic Control System
Link story on Today.Az:
1) Strategy Analytics: Automotive Sensors Market Expanding to $17 Billion by 2013
2) SmartSensor Contributing to Award-Winning Project - Illinois DOT project named 2006 ITS Midwest Project of the Year
The 2nd Annual Homeland Port Security Conference – May 22 – Baltimore
Today in Transportation History
1902 – The first gasoline-powered Locomobile was completed in Bridgeport, Connecticut.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2007 Bernie Wagenblast