Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 -- ISSN 1529-1057
1) ‘Monopoly’ Continues for Pennsylvania Company, Says Utah Senator
Orrin Hatch asks US DOT why it has allowed Traffic.com to continue operating as a de facto monopoly despite congressional language mandating more competition.
Link to story in The Hill:
2) One-Fare Transit Test Launched in Toronto Region
Link to story in the Toronto Star:
3) Pilot Program to Expand Fingerprinting at Airports
Link to AP story:
4) Governments ‘Drag Feet’ Over Air Traffic
Link to story in Flight International:
5) Indiana Toll Road’s I-Zoom Lacks Speed on First Day
Link to story in The Times:
6) Washington Governor Calls in Bridge Mediators
Pair will seek community consensus on replacing Evergreen Point span.
Link to story in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer:
7) Different Map Sites Give Different Routes
Not all mapping Web sites agree on the perfect way to reach your destination.
Link to story in The Miami Herald:
8) Auto Communication
Link to story in the San Bernardino County Sun:
9) Six Innovative Uses for GPS During Your Business Day
Link to story in Computerworld
10) Germany Gets Free Off-Board Navigation
Link to story on GPS Business News:
Link to news release from DasÖrtliche:
http://www.dasoertliche-marketing.de/021_press_01.php?cid=277 (in German)
11) News from ERTICO
- ETNITE Wraps Up in Aalborg
- Finnish RD Program AINO Finalized
12) Committee for a Study of Options for Streamlining Standards for Intelligent Transportation Systems Letter Report: June 18, 2007
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
13) I-90/94 Fiber Backbone Network and Spurs Build-out (Phase II) - Wisconsin DOT - Final Report and Local Evaluation (September 2006)
Link to report from US DOT:
1) Telmap Mobile Navigation Applications Integrate Inrix Traffic Solutions to Power Industry’s Biggest Consumer Brands
2) TomTom and Vodafone UK to Introduce the World’s Most Advanced Travel Time Information System for Superior Navigation in the UK
I-95 Corridor Coalition 511-Peer to Peer Meeting – July 18 – Newark, New Jersey
Today in Transportation History
1927 **80th anniversary** - Coney Island’s Cyclone roller coaster opened.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2007 Bernie Wagenblast