Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, June 5, 2007 -- ISSN 1529-1057
1) Airport Protection System on the Way
Planned before plot, high-tech fence expected to be up next year.
Link to story in Newsday:
2) DC Traffic Cameras Will Let Traffic Officers Know Where Problems are
Link to story on WTOP Radio:
3) “They Still Can’t Seem to Get this Right”
Motorists sat for hours on 2 sections of highway; Pennsylvania claims improved communication this time.
Link to story in The Morning Call:
4) Phones Not Great at Directions
Link to AP story:
5) Smart Skies
Making the US air traffic-control system “smarter” will benefit many.
Link to story in Hemispheres:
6) Insurer Tattles on Kids Who Speed
Link to story in USA Today:
7) US Coast Guard Reinstates Storm Warning Flags
Link to story in the Cape May County Herald:
Link to news release from the US Coast Guard:
8) Engineers Will Drive Future Auto Technologies, General Motors Says
Link to story in EDN:
9) Tele Atlas Drives 3D Road Map Development
Link to IDG News Service story:
10) Behind Schedule
Transport can improve its new technology take-up by learning from more adventurous sectors.
Link to story from The Engineer:
11) Google Transit 2.0
Link to story on WorldChanging:
12) Speech by Jacques Barrot, Vice President of the European Commission in Charge of Transport"Intelligent Transport System in Europe - eSafety as a means of improving safety and efficiency in road transport."
Link to speech via EU:
1) Automotive eCall Progress Faltering
2) Eurobarometer on GALILEO: Europeans Support EU Setting Up Its Own Navigation System
3) Grand Prairie and Union Pacific Introduce First Railroad Crossing Photo Enforcement System in Texas
4) ARINC Delivers New GateFusion – First Common-Use Service for the Tarmac
5) News from ITS America’s Annual Meeting & Exposition
- Transportation Industry’s Best Honored at ITS America’s 2007 Annual Meeting & Exposition
- Caltrans Director Kempton Urges ITS America Crowd to Deploy, Deploy, Deploy!
- Intelligent Transportation Society of America Partners with US Department of Transportation to Expand the ITS Peer-to-Peer Program
- Intelligent Transportation Society of Michigan Named “Outstanding State Chapter” by ITS America
SIMBA South Africa National Event – July 12-13 – Pretoria, South Africa
Today in Transportation History
1947 **60th anniversary** - The Pere Marquette Railroad is merged into the Chesapeake & Ohio.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2007 Bernie Wagenblast