Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, August 14, 2007 -- ISSN 1529-1057
In a note of blatant self-promotion, you may wish to tune in to the CBS Evening News (if available at your location) this evening. They’re doing a story on congestion pricing in New York City and yours truly was interviewed as part of the piece.
1) New 511 Traffic Alert System Starts Wednesday in Georgia
Link to story in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
2) States Apply Sensors to Bridge Conditions
Maryland and others are funding research into developing systems that could flag structural damage.
Link to story in Government Computer News:
3) Glitches, Spiraling Costs May Delay TransLink Expansion in Bay Area
Link to story in the San Francisco Chronicle:
4) Airline Industry Welcomes Reported EU Electronic Travel Authorization Program
Link to story in Aviation Daily:
5) Pennsylvania Releases Bridge Condition Ratings
Link to story in The Patriot-News:
Link to news release from Pennsylvania DOT:
Link to PennDOT bridge information: http://www.dot.state.pa.us/Internet/web.nsf/Secondary?OpenFrameset&Frame=main&src=InfoBridge?openform
6) New York MTA, Radio Stations Eye Ways to Give Info During Crises
Link to column in the Daily News:
7) New Way of Watching
Newspaper questions use of electronic tags for spying.
Link to editorial in The Intelligencer:
8) Tire Safety TV Ads Debut
Link to story in The Detroit News:
Link to ad video from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: http://www.safercar.gov/Tires/HotTires.wmv
9) Next Generation 911 Benefit-Cost Analysis
Link to PowerPoint presentation from FHWA:
NG9-1-1 Systems Description and High-Level Requirements Document
1) Tennessee 511 Celebrates Successful First Year
- Request for Proposals – 511-Traveler Interface Phone Number for San Luis Obispo County – San Luis Obispo Council of Governments
AASHTO Annual Meeting – September 27-October 1 – Milwaukee
Today in Transportation History
1912 – Double-decker buses make their first New York City appearance.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, please visit my profile and send me an invitation to connect at http://www.linkedin.com/in/brwagenblast
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2007 Bernie Wagenblast