Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 -- ISSN 1529-1057
IBTTA 75th Annual Meeting & Exhibition
Join IBTTA on October 7-10, 2007 in Vienna, AUSTRIA for the 75th Annual Meeting & Exhibition. The theme, Tolling: the Art of the Possible will be celebrated in this extraordinary city with focus on strategies and solutions to promote economic growth, improve mobility, enhance the quality of life and save lives. Download the full program, take advantage of early bird rates and learn about all the details of the event at http://www.ibtta.org/Events/eventdetail.cfm?ItemNumber=2096. Celebrate 75 years of Driving Change with IBTTA this fall! Don’t miss this one!!
1) Don’t Like Toll Roads? Texas DOT is Talking to You
Agency has launched a multimillion-dollar advertising campaign that promotes the Trans-Texas Corridor plan and toll roads.
Link to story in the Express-News:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA082107.1A.selling.tolls.346b8b3.html (free registration required)
2) Laws Limiting Car-Phone Use Tough to Enforce
Link to story and audio report from National Public Radio’s Morning Edition:
3) Transit System Exploits MySpace
Link to story in Metro:
Link to Community Transit’s MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/communitytransit
4) Nissan to Make Fuel Economy Meter Standard
Link to story on just-auto:
http://www.just-auto.com/article.aspx?ID=92270&lk=dm (free registration required)
Link to news release from Nissan:
5) Fine-Tuning Rush Hour
From their downtown Columbus office, three engineers choreograph your daily commute.
Link to story in The Columbus Dispatch:
6) Cameras Set to Snare Liverpool Bus Lane Motorists
Link to story in the Liverpool Daily Post:
7) Dutch Transport Ministry Requests Participation for Onboard Taxi Computer
Link to further information from ERTICO:
Link to further details from the Dutch Transport Ministry:
http://www.ivw.nl/nl/land/taxivervoer/boordcomputer/ (in Dutch)
8) An Eye Toward a Future with Electronic Passports
Link to story from the National Journal’s Technology Daily:
9) The Web's Best Mapping Sites
At the top map services, driving directions are just the beginning.
Link to story in PC World:
10) Archives of July 25 T3 Webinar: “Developing a Regional Concept for Transportation Operations” Now Available
Link to further information from US DOT:
1) Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008 with Connected Services Provides Current Traffic Updates and Gas Price Information
- Electronics Engineer – US DOT Volpe Transportation Center – Washington, DC
Trafic 2007 – October 2-5 – Madrid
Today in Transportation History
1903 – The first transcontinental auto trip between San Francisco to New York was finished.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, please visit my profile and send me an invitation to connect at http://www.linkedin.com/in/brwagenblast
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2007 Bernie Wagenblast