Monday, September 29, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, September 29, 2008 -- ISSN 1529-1057
15th World Congress on ITS Overview Webinar Announced
The 15th World Congress on ITS will be the largest international ITS event this year and the Organizing Committee is dedicated to making this World Congress the best experience it can be for you. “Welcome to the World Congress” will be held from 2:00-3:00 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 2 and will provide a general overview of the World Congress, featuring ITS America’s 2008 Annual Meeting, with an emphasis on pre-conference workshops, educational program, exhibits, VII technology demonstrations, networking events, and technical tours. This highly informative Webinar will be hosted by World Congress Organizing Committee Chairman Michael Noblett of Connexis LLC and ITS America staff. There is no cost to participate, but registration is required. To register, click here.
1) High Interest in Plane Tracking Device
Link to TVNZ story and video report:
2) International Survey: Air Travelers Oppose Mobile Phones in Flight
Link to AFP story:
3) Arizona Launches Speed Cameras
Link to story in The Arizona Republic:
4) Privacy Concerns on Speed Cameras
LInk to story in Australian IT:
5) Cameras that Catch Speeders Cut Travel Time
Study from advocacy group says cameras mean slower speeds, fewer accidents, less delays.
Link to story in the Chicago Sun-Times:
6) Massachusetts Turnpike Pushes Wider Use of Fast Lane
Link to story in The Boston Globe:
7) Sprint Nextel Readies Its Xohm Service for Baltimore
Offering is a high-speed data service which will allow mobile Internet access.
Link to story in The Washington Post:
8) New Technology Should Make Utah Intersections Safer
Link to story and video report on KSL-TV:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) Federal Highway Administration Creates ‘Highway Infrastructure Security and Emergency Management Professional Capacity Building’ Web Site
Link to site:
10) Motorola Takes Big Step Towards the Connected Car
Link to CNET News story:
Link to news release from Motorola:
11) Renaut, TomTom Promise Cheap Navigation
Link to story in AutoWeek:
12) Dash Navigation Partners with Tellme and Dial Directions
Link to story in Telematics Update:
13) Transit Payment Systems: Security Considerations
Link to story in Smart Card Talk:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
14) Massachusetts Highway Delay Signs Will Soon be More Complete
I-93 signs to offer more detailed information.
Link to story in The Eagle-Tribune:
15) GM Tech Helps Aging Drivers See Clearly
Link to AP story:
1) Traffic Technologies, Inc. Awarded Outstanding ITS Project of the Year by ITS New York
2) Bay Bridge 360 Offers Front Row Seat to Bay Bridge Construction - Videos on New Web Site Show Unique Up-Close Views of Retrofit Projects
3) Kore Telematics and Worldwide Partners Combine to Form the m2m Global Alliance
4) Webraska Navigation by masternaut Selected for Pre-Installation on the New Treo Pro Smartphone by Palm
1st European Conference on Intelligent Transport Systems EasyWay – October 14-16 – Giardini Naxos (Taormina), Sicily, Italy
Today in Transportation History
1988 **20th anniversary** – STS-26, the first Space Shuttle mission following the Challenger disaster, blasted off from the Kennedy Space Center.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2008 Bernie Wagenblast