Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, September 2, 2008 -- ISSN 1529-1057
Register Now for IBTTA's 76th Annual Meeting and Exhibition – Early Bird Discount Extended to September 5th
Registration is now open for IBTTA’s 75th Annual Meeting & Exhibition, Connecting, People, Places & Ideas, September 20-24, 2008, in Baltimore, Maryland. Join IBTTA for the most significant gathering of toll industry professionals and business partners in the world. Register by September 5th and receive a $100 discount off your registration fee. More than 1,000 delegates from 25 countries on six continents will converge on Baltimore's Waterfront to examine best practices and critical innovations in toll industry finance, marketing, technology, customer service, environmental stewardship, operations, maintenance, and related issues. This meeting is hosted by the Maryland Transportation Authority. Registration cut-off for this meeting is September 5, 2008. For more information, visit IBTTA's website and register online today! www.IBTTA.org.
1) Czech Unmanned Flights System to be Tested by FAA
Link to story and audio report on Radio Prague:
2) Pakistan’s National Highways Authority Introduces E-Toll System on Motorways
Link to Associated Press of Pakistan story:
3) Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Holds Conflict of Interest Report
Link to story in The Courier-Journal:
SAFETY / SECURITY
4) The Terrorist Watch List, Jumbled in Translation
Link to column in The New York Times:
5) Texting Drivers in Alaska Now Face Jail Time
Link to story in the Anchorage Daily News:
6) Colorado Lawmaker Wants Teens’ Cars to Carry Warning Stickers
Link to story in the Rocky Mountain News:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
7) In the War Room, Holiday Traffic is ‘Too Good’
Maryland officials paid to fret find job difficult as cars breeze along.
Link to story in The Washington Post:
8) Macomb County, Michigan to Monitor, then Unclog Traffic Jams
Link to story in the Detroit Free Press:
1) New Canadian Web Site Lets Professional Drivers Share GPS Tips and Tricks
2) Mobileyes Live Traffic Cam Application Now Available from iTunes App Store
- Request for Proposals for Services – Review and Analysis of Governance and Operations at Bradley International Airport – Connecticut Department of Transportation
European Microwave Week – October 27-31 – Amsterdam
Today in Transportation History
1998 **10th anniversary** - Swissair Flight 111 crashed off the coast of Peggys Cove, Nova Scotia. All 229 people aboard were killed.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2008 Bernie Wagenblast