Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 -- ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Self-Reporting Program Aims to Gauge Controller Errors
Link to story in the Star-Telegram:
Link to Air Traffic Safety Action Program site: http://www.atsapsafety.com
2) Research and Technology Park Set for FAA Tech Center
Link to story on AviationNews.net:
Link to further information from the Federal Aviation Administration:
3) High-Tech Travel: Paperless Boarding
Link to story on Fox News Channel:
Link to further information from the Transportation Security Administration:
4) Google Maps Novel is a Real Page Turner
German book combines text with an embedded map mash-up from Google Maps.
Link to story in The Inquirer:
Link to Senghor on the Rocks:
http://www.senghorontherocks.net/part1.html (in German)
5) E-ZPass to be in Use by End of Year on Rhode Island Bridge
Link to AP story:
6) US Navy Releases Plan to Integrate Maritime Systems
Blueprint shows how federal, state and municipal agencies can share maritime information that affect transportation and other areas.
Link to story on NextGov:
Link to further information from the US Navy:
7) God Once Again Welcome on Indiana License Plates
Link to story in The Indianapolis Star:
8) Near Collision Cover-Up
TV station says Amtrak and Tri-Rail trains nearly collided.
Link to story and video report on WFOR-TV:
9) San Francisco Considers Congestion Tolls on Cars
Link to story in the San Francisco Chronicle:
10) Private Billboards to Flash Advisories, Alerts in Georgia
Link to story in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
Link to news release from the Georgia Lieutenant Governor’s Office:
SAFETY / SECURITY
11) Interoperable Identity Credentials for the Air Transport Industry
Link to story in Smart Card Talk:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
12) Holiday Travelers Under Watchful Eyes of Maryland Transportation Authority’s Operations Center
Link to story in The Baltimore Sun:
13) An Unexpected Frequency
Young broadcaster provides traffic updates to Washington, DC drivers.
Link to story in the Springfield Connection:
14) The Thinking Car Sees a Clear Road Ahead
Link to story in EE Times Deutschland:
1) Enhanced Traveler Information Services Coming to Pennsylvania
ITS America Annual Meeting and Exposition – June 1-3 – National Harbor, Maryland
Today in Transportation History
1778 **230th anniversary** - James Cook became the first European to visit the Hawaiian island of Maui.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2008 Bernie Wagenblast