Friday, May 1, 2009
Friday, May 1, 2009
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, May 1, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Make Reporting of Bird Strike Data Mandatory
Link to editorial in Newsday:
2) Privacy, Cameras and Roadways
Link to story on Drivers .com:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) GPS Evidence Too Unreliable for Legal Purposes
Link to story in InformationWeek:
4) US Department of Transportation Releases Civil Monitoring Performance Document
Link to story in GPS World:
5) Cloud Computing Could Help Agencies Track Stimulus Funds
Link to story on Nextgov:
6) Delaware DOT’s Diversity Coaching Backfires
Newsletter lists slurs, insults and stereotypes that shouldn’t be used in workplace.
Link to story in The News Journal:
7) Coordinating, Planning and Managing the Effects of Roadway Construction with Technology
Link to information from US DOT:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) South Dakota Drivers Sign Up for Sobriety Alerts
Link to story in USA Today:
Link to Act Civilized: http://www.actcivilized.com/
9) New Direction for San Diego-Area Transit System
Compass cards replacing paper passes with plastic.
Link to story in The San Diego Union-Tribune:
10) King County Metro Transit Develops New Tools to Keep You in the Loop
Link to story in the Auburn Reporter:
11) New Generation of Cars are ‘Mobile High-Tech Platforms’
Link to story in Engineering News:
1) Operation Lifesaver (Canada) Launches Web Site for Kids
2) South Florida Commuter Services Launches Public Transit Promotion to Feature Carpool Video on CNN
3) E-Railsafe Program Helps Union Pacific Ensure Railroad Safety and Security Awareness
ACI-NA Small Airports Conference – July 16-17 – St. Louis
Don’t expect to see these cars in the mall parking lot anytime soon.
Today in Transportation History
1999 **10th anniversary** - Liberty Bell 7, the space capsule flown by Gus Grissom in 1961, was found on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast