Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, September 18, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Lakeland, Florida, Camera Firm May Be Afoul of Law by Not Keeping Traffic Camera Video
Link to article in The Ledger:
2) Oklahoma Pikepass System Set to Use Stickers Instead of Transponders
Link to article in The Oklahoman:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) Massachusetts Court OKs Secret Use of GPS Devices
Link to article in The Boston Globe:
4) Canadian Government Orders Individual Road Signs for Infrastructure Projects
Link to CBC News story:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) States Offer Instant Traffic Updates via Twitter, Sending Mixed Message on Texting and Driving
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
6) Kansas DOT Launches Traffic Safety Blog
Link to article in The Topeka Capital-Journal:
1) Autostrata.com Launched to Provide Online Portal for In-Vehicle Aftermarket Telematics Products
Webinar: Taking Proper Care of Pedestrians in Work Zones – September 30
Here’s one more way to keep the passengers’ attention during the airline safety announcements.
Today in Transportation History
1959 **50th anniversary** - Vanguard III was launched into Earth orbit.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast