Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, June 7, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
Multiple Job Opportunities in Virginia
Professionals Incorporated (www.cpsprofessionals.com) is currently seeking multiple transportation professionals for our client in Virginia. Salaries and benefits are highly competitive.
Please contact Katy Moses at 202-559-9005 x 472 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you or anyone you know would like to hear more about the positions listed below!
Manager / Director of Technology and Support: This is a highly visible role that holds responsibility for overall technology and support services. Candidates must have leadership, ATMS, ITS, and support services experience. Location: Richmond, VA.
Senior Application Architect (ATMS): Lead and support a mission critical ATMS development project. Candidates must have SDLC, ATMS, and solid development experience in Agile and Scrum environments. Transportation specific experience is a must. Location: Richmond or Northern VA.
Senior Systems and Network Architect: Lead and support a mission critical platform infrastructure. Candidates must have experience in systems administration and architecture of mission critical systems and networks, preferably in the transportation industry. Experience supporting ATMS is a huge plus. Location: Northern VA.
1) FAA One Year Behind on Key Air Traffic Control System
Link to article on Nextgov:
2) Mapping System Lets Medical Helicopters Fly in Poor Conditions
Link to story on WMUR-TV:
3) Bermuda Radar Upgrades Mean Planes Must Carry More Fuel
Link to article in the Bermuda Sun:
4) New Video Teaches San Francisco Muni Drivers How to Share the Streets with Cyclists
Link to Streetsblog San Francisco:
5) Webcams to Stream Construction of Tappan Zee Bridge
Link to article in The Journal News:
6) Mobile Phone QR Code to Be Used for Tolling at Detroit Windsor Tunnel
Link to article on TOLLROADSnews:
7) Jamaican Government to Establish Modern ITS to Tackle Traffic Congestion
Link to article from the Jamaican Information Service:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority Unveils App to Report Suspicious Activity
Link to story on WGRZ-TV:
9) Telematics Detroit Shows Off High-Tech on Wheels
Link to story on WWJ Radio:
10) Telematics Update Detroit 2013: Day Two
Link to article on Telematics Update:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Georgia Tech to Study Use of Drones for Monitoring Highway Traffic
Link to article from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
12) Traffic Radio Exposes Traffic Management Issues in Lagos, Nigeria
Link to article in The Guardian:
13) Active Transportation Information Needed at Event-Planning Websites
Link to blog on Mobility Lab:
14) Connected Vehicle Technology Research on Virginia's I-66
Link to story on WUSA-TV:
15) Car Apps That Help You Find a Parking Spot, and More
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
16) Future of Transport is Self-Driving Cars, Says GPS Inventor
Link to story on CNN:
17) Volkswagen Breaks Silence, But Still No Recalls
Link to article in The Age:
18) Georgia Bans License Plates with Guns, Sex, Hate
Link to AP article:
The amazing Escherian Stairwell at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
Alas, it's just an elaborate video hoax, but here's the story behind the story.
Australian ITS Summit – September 18-20 – Sydney
Today in Transportation History
1938 **75th anniversary** The Douglas DC-4E made its first flight.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net