Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, June 4, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
Multiple Job Opportunities in Virginia
Professionals Incorporated (www.cpsprofessionals.com) is currently seeking multiple transportation professionals for our client in Virginia. Salaries and benefits are highly competitive.
Please contact Katy Moses at 202-559-9005 x 472 or email@example.com if you or anyone you know would like to hear more about the positions listed below!
Manager / Director of Technology and Support: This is a highly visible role that holds responsibility for overall technology and support services. Candidates must have leadership, ATMS, ITS, and support services experience. Location: Richmond, VA.
Senior Application Architect (ATMS): Lead and support a mission critical ATMS development project. Candidates must have SDLC, ATMS, and solid development experience in Agile and Scrum environments. Transportation specific experience is a must. Location: Richmond or Northern VA.
Senior Systems and Network Architect: Lead and support a mission critical platform infrastructure. Candidates must have experience in systems administration and architecture of mission critical systems and networks, preferably in the transportation industry. Experience supporting ATMS is a huge plus. Location: Northern VA.
1) UPS Launches Data Comm Trial at Newark Airport
Link to article in AIN Air Transport Perspective:
2) Virtual Dummies Become Smart Move in Aviation Crash Tests
Link to article from The Wichita Eagle:
3) Houston Airports CTO Takes Customer Service to New Heights with Sensor Technology
Link to article on SearchCIO:
4) A Touch of Simplicity in the Cockpit
Link to article in Aerospace Engineering:
5) Warsaw's Chopin Airport Launches Audio Book for Youngsters
Link to article in Airport World:
GPS / NAVIGATION
6) Technology Helps Ambulance Crews Battle Construction, Traffic
Link to story on WFAA-TV:
7) Navigation Center for India's SatNav System Inaugurated
Link to article in GPS World:
8) US Air Force Proposes Dramatic Redesign for GPS Constellation
Link to article in Inside GNSS:
9) Intelligent Traffic System to Hit the Road in China by 2015
Link to article in China Daily:
10) High-Tech Sensors Help Santander, Spain Leap Into Smart Future
Link to story on NPR's Morning Edition:
11) Points Electronic Sign Connects to Internet for Street Smarts
Link to article on Slash Gear:
Link to further information: http://breakfastny.com/
12) Warnings on New Haven, Connecticut Streets for Distracted Pedestrians
Link to story on WTNH-TV:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
13) Toronto Star Reporter Arrested, Ticketed After Taking Photos of Injured Officer
Link to article in the Toronto Star:
14) Internet Trends Clearly Show More Mobile
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
15) Auditors: Illegal Advertising Highway Signs in Colorado Could Jeopardize Federal Funding
Link to AP article:
SAFETY / SECURITY
16) Hamilton, Ontario Police Launch App to Boost Road Safety
Link to article in The Hamilton Spectator:
Link to news release: http://www.hamiltonpolice.on.ca/HPS/ChiefMessage.htm
17) New Jersey High School Partners with NJ DOT on Safe Driving Campaign
Link to article in The Medford Sun:
18) Q&A: GM on the Need for Flexibility When Designing App-Based IVI
Link to article on Telematics Update:
19) Use of Electronic Passenger Information Signage in Transit
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
ITS Arizona Annual Meeting – September 25-26 – Mesa, Arizona
Today in Transportation History
1783 **230th anniversary** In France the Montgolfier brothers held the first public demonstration of their hot air balloon.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net