Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, February 16, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
Reduce Your Agency’s Liability and Maintenance Costs through EDI’s Signal Monitor Recertification Program
Traffic signal cabinets continuously operate in harsh environments and should be thoroughly tested to help ensure proper operation when conditions demand it. The Eberle Design Inc. Signal Monitor Recertification Program provides a new two-year warranty, hardware and firmware updates, minor repairs, test report, new warranty label, and a certificate of recertification for any EDI signal monitor less than 12 years old.
All signal monitors will undergo rigorous testing in accordance with our Quality Assurance and ISO 9001:2008 programs on a quick turn-around basis.
To learn more about EDI’s Signal Monitor Recertification Program and how it can reduce your liability risk and maintenance costs, visit www.editraffic.com/re-certification or contact EDI Application Sales and Technical Services Manager Matt Zinn at email@example.com.
1) South Africa Airports 'Wiped Off' Navigation Systems
Link to article in the Sunday Times:
2) Indian Aviation Minister Reiterates Need to Separate Navigation Services from Airports Authority
Link to DNA India article:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) GLONASS Becoming Key Element in an International Rescue Network
Link to article on Russia & India Report:
4) News Update from ERTICO
Link to update:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) How to Make Infrastructure Sexy
Link to article in Fast Company:
6) Shanghai OnStar's Diane Jurgens and Her Grand China Adventure
Link to article in Computerworld:
7) How Public Transit Agencies Deal with All Your Angry, Mean and Terrible Tweets
Link to article on CityLab:
8) GPS System for Baton Rouge Transit System Falls Short of 'Real-Time' Bus Tracking Promise
Link to article in The Advocate:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Colorado DOT Uses Unique 'Radio' Station to Help Drivers Navigation I-70 Mountain Corridor
Link to story on Transportation Radio:
10) Hyderabad Motorists to Get Real-Time Info on Traffic Soon
Link to article in The Hindu:
11) Apple Studies Self-Driving Car, Auto Industry Source Says
Link to Reuters article:
12) Ford Guns for China's App Addicts, Seeks WeChat Tie-Up
Link to Reuters article:
13) Meet the Mercedes Tech Guru Who Defected to Apple
Link to blog on Cult of Mac:
4) Intersil's New Four-Channel Video Decoder Provides Stunning Image Quality for Improved Automotive Safety
- Call for Demonstrations – 23rd ITS World Congress 2016 Melbourne
Webinar: USDOT Dynamic Mobility Applications Series-MMITSS Bundle – February 23
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net