Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, March 13, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
IBTTA WASHINGTON BRIEFING
TOMORROW IS THE HOTEL CUT-OFF DATE – REGISTER & MAKE YOUR PLANS TODAY!
Tomorrow, March 14th, is the cut-off date to receive the IBTTA negotiated hotel rate. Register and make your travel arrangements today for the IBTTA Washington Briefing, March 29-31, 2015, at the Washington Marriott in Washington, DC. The conference brings together the who's who in the transportation industry and provides a forum to share our vision and address critical issues directly with Members of Congress. A special feature of this year's Washington Briefing is the opportunity to visit with your members of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives to discuss the role of tolling in surface transportation. We are dedicating the afternoon of Monday, March 30 for these Hill visits. Visit www.IBTTA.org/dc for the full program, travel, hotel and other information.
1) FAA Tells Florida Man to Stop Posting Drone Videos on YouTube
Link to story on Bay News 9:
2) Indian Airports to Get 'Smarter'
Link to article in the Khaleej Times:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
3) German Group Demands Smartphone Ban for Pedestrians
Link to AFP article:
4) US Coast Guard Cyber Plan to Focus on Ports, Shipping
Link to article in the Federal Times:
5) Management Guide to Intellectual Property for State Departments of Transportation
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
6) States and Cities Try Smarter Signals to Reduce Red Lights
Link to article on Stateline:
7) VicRoads Designs Australia's First Electronic 'No Trucks' Signs
Link to article in Traffic Technology International:
8) Newspaper Criticizes Maryland Tourism Sign Program
Link to editorial in The Frederick News-Post:
9) Philadelphia Transit System Ordered to Accept Provocative Ads with Hitler, Arab Leader
Link to AP article:
10) Delphi Plans Coast-to-Coast Demo of Its Self-Driving Car
Link to Reuters article:
11) Automakers to Drivers: Get that Car Fixed!
Link to story on CNBC:
At least there were no back-ups at the drive-thru.
Joint Rail Conference – March 23-26 – San Jose, California
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net