Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, March 19, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
Don’t Miss 2 Days of Connected and Autonomous Vehicle Goodness March 30-31!
The Telecommunications Industry Association and Contra Costa Transportation Authority are proud to host two forums on connected and autonomous vehicles designed to inform and inspire. Kick off this two day information blitz on March 30 with TIA’s Connected Car Workshop: Exploring Connected and Autonomous Vehicle Technologies and Research Initiatives. Join CCTA on March 31 for the Redefining Mobility Summit. Both events feature renowned practitioners, academics and thought leaders in the field of connected vehicles and self-driving cars. The workshop and summit take place at the Concord Hilton Hotel. Click here for the agenda/registration for Day 1 hosted by TIA. Click Here for the agenda/registration for Day 2 hosted by CCTA.
1) Cities Challenge Ohio Traffic Camera Law as Unconstitutional
Link to AP article:
2) Techies Tackle Transportation Troubles at 'Hack the Commute' Seattle
Link to article in Government Technology:
Link to additional information
3) US Supreme Court Takes on Specialty License Plates
Link to story on CNN:
SAFETY / SECURITY
4) Ford Uses 'Cyber Steve' to Teach Employees about IT Security
Link to blog in The Wall Street Journal:
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
5) Yellowknife Cab Company Debuts Tablet-Based Dispatch System
Link to CBC News story:
6) Auto Telematics Poised for High Growth in India
Link to blog on ETAuto:
7) Seattle Bus System Can Reject Ads, Federal Appeals Court Rules
Link to article in the San Francisco Chronicle:
Link to opinion
8) Apps that Help New York City Transit Riders, and Listen to Them, Too
Link to article in amNew York:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Metropia Hopes to Reduce Congestion
Link to story on KGUN-TV:
Link to further information
10) Bahrain May Soon Rollout Traffic Update Software
Link to article in the Gulf Daily News:
11) Tesla: Auto-Driving Cars Coming in Three Months
Link to video on The Wall Street Journal:
12) Tesla Software Upgrades Aim to Ease 'Range Anxiety'
Link to story on Fox Business:
Link to news release
13) Coverage of automotiveIT Congress
- CIO Says Volkswagen Needs Two Kinds of IT
- The Rising Challenge of Cyber Security
- HP Exec Calls for Cooperative Approach to Exploding Data Volumes
- Mercedes-Benz Advances Multi-Channel Strategy
T3 Webinar: Using Mobile Data for Weather Responsive Traffic and Maintenance Management – March 26
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net