Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, February 12, 2016 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Multiple Issues Affecting US Air-Traffic Control Staffing
Link to Airport Industry Review article
2) Vancouver Airport: Selling the BorderXpress System
Link to airport-technology article
3) Mapping the Streets to 20-Centimeter Accuracy
Link to Electronics Weekly article
4) New Bus Maps and Displays for Malta Public Transport
Link to Times of Malta article
GPS / NAVIGATION
5) Improved GPS Could Boost Self-Driving Cars and Other Tech
Link to Gizmag article
6) African Maritime Journalists Form Association
Link to This Day article
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
7) White Plains, New York Uses Social Media for Transit Center Input
Link to Journal News article
8) Report Says I-405 Tolls Made Traffic Worse, Washington State DOT, Other Group Disagree
Link to seattlepi article
9) Automated Truck Fee Collection to Speed Processing at Peace Bridge
Link to Buffalo News article
10) Intelligent Monitoring System Provides Flood Warnings on UK Roadway
Link to ITS International article
SAFETY / SECURITY
11) European Data Security Agency Homes in on Smart Transportation
Link to Bloomberg Privacy and Data Security Blog
12) Where Are the Super Bowl-esque Ads About Public Transportation?
Link to Mobility Lab blog
3) Idaho Transportation Department Exploring Wildlife-Detection System in Northern Idaho to Improve Driver Safety
Most air-traffic control conversations are routine and business-like, but there are exceptions.
Conference: Sustainable Supply Chains-How New Mobility Strategies and Technologies Are Changing Goods Movement – February 17 – Ann Arbor, Michigan
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016