Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, August 12, 2016 – ISSN 1529-1057 – Williston, Vermont
ITS Carolinas 2016 Annual Meeting
Do not miss the ITS Carolinas 2016 Annual Meeting on September 12-13, 2016, at the Charlotte Convention Center! Join us for this unique networking and educational opportunity, including a tailgate themed event during the social on Monday evening – complete with a cornhole tournament.
This year’s technical agenda will appeal to a wide range of ITS professionals:
- Signal System Timing
- Autonomous and Connected Vehicles
- Proactive Traffic Management: Work Zones and TMCs
- Multi-Agency Video Sharing
- Innovations in Event Management
- Multi-modal ITS
Register online now. Late registration fees will apply after August 28, 2016.
Exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities are also available.
1) Airlines’ Aging, Complex, Computers Lead to Flight Delays
Link to USA Today article
2) NASA Pulls Together National Data to Sleuth Out Air Traffic Improvement Mysteries
Link to NASA article
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
3) Smart Helmet Buzzes Cyclists’ Bones with Music and Communications
Link to New Atlas article
4) ATRA Pulse - August 2016
Link to Advanced Transit Association newsletter
5) New Light System in Atlanta Designed to Help Traffic Move Efficiently
Link to Marketplace article
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
6) London Transport Authority Defends English Language Test for Uber Drivers
Link to BBC News story
TRAFFIC INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
7) Putting Lives on the Line for Roadway Safety
Link to USDOT's Fast Lane blog
8) Pennsylvania at Forefront of Self-Driving Car Movement, PennDOT Official Says
Link to Philadelphia Inquirer article
9) Tesla Autopilot 2.0: Next Generation Powered by More Radar, New Triple Camera
Link to Electrek article
10) Self-Driving Cars Rip Up an Industry’s Supply Chain
Link to Bloomberg article
URO (Unidentified Rolling Object) pulled over by Irish police
Webinar: Shared Mobility Toolkit – August 18
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016