Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, November 18, 2016 – Cranford, New Jersey
Today's TCN features the first in what I hope will be a series of Transportation Radio interviews with leaders of departments of transportation. My first guest is Mississippi DOT Executive Director Melinda McGrath. We talk about MDOT in general, but also focus on ITS, communications and autonomous vehicles. You'll find it under story #8.
1) NATS to Get €26 Million in EU Funding to Accelerate Modernization of UK Airspace
Link to Airport World article
2) Florida's Treasure Coast Has More Traffic Cameras, But Who's Watching You?
Link to TCPalm article
3) Google's Request for Map of South Korea Denied
Link to ZDNet article
4) Baidu Launches Big Data Open Platform for Intelligent Transportation
Link to China Daily article
5) Kirkland, Washington Using Technology to Keep Traffic Moving
Link to KIRO-TV story
6) African Ports Embrace Big Data
Link to Port Strategy article
7) Port of Houston Authority Rebrands as Port Houston
Link to American Journal of Transportation article
8) Interview with Mississippi DOT Executive Director Melinda McGrath
Link to Transportation Radio interview
9) Washington State DOT Eyes Specialty License Plate for Aviation Geeks
Link to Puget Sound Business Journal article
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
10) To Remember Those Killed in Seattle Traffic, 240 Silhouettes
Link to Seattle Times article
11) Response to Minnesota Derailment Touted as Exemplary
Link to Mankato Free Press article
12) Trucks Can Now Bypass Weigh Stations on Three Busy Highways Under New Program
Link to NJ Advance Media article
13) How Sensors, Smartphones Can Bring the Road Solutions We Need
Link to Government Technology article
14) Voice Recognition Will Change Way Consumers Interact with Their Cars
Link to Telematics Update article
TRAFFIC INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
15) Incident Responders to Pennsylvania Drivers: 'Steer Clear of Accident Scenes'
Link to Explore Venango article
16) Optimizing Transit Data with Digital Signage
Link to blog in Mass Transit
17) Fiat Chrysler Teams with Amazon to Sell Cars Online
Link to Reuters article
18) Operation, Testing Data Could Drive Autonomous Vehicle Safety, Regulations
Link to GCN article
19) Volvo Introduces Remote Fueling, Repair and Wash Concierge Services
Link to CNET article
This has been around for a few years, but I just discovered it. It's a new form of transportation, the GlideCycle.
Parking Industry Exhibition – March 5-8 – Rosemont, Illinois
The Transportation Communications Newsletter (ISSN 1529-1057) is published electronically Monday through Friday.
For a free subscription or to unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016