Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, November 14, 2016 – Cranford, New Jersey
EDI Webinar: iCITE™ Data Aggregator DA-300: A New Intersection of Data & Monitoring System
Please join us tomorrow, Tuesday, November 15th at 8 a.m. PST / 11 a.m. EST for an informative 45-minute webinar on the Eberle Design Inc. (EDI) and Reno A&E (RAE) iCITE™ Data Aggregator DA-300. This webinar will show Traffic Operations Technicians and Traffic Engineers how the iCITE™ Data Aggregator DA-300 monitors and reports on mission critical traffic cabinet or intersection faults via SMS or email. Co-presented by EDI Vice President of Business Development, Dr. Bill Sowell, and Technical Product & Training Manager, Tim McCall, webinar attendees will also learn how the iCITE™ Data Aggregator DA-300 provides cabinet interface for Cloud-based remote access to real-time performance measures and traffic data from isolated or networked intersections or arterial roadways with cabinet monitoring functions. To register, go to http://bit.ly/2eI0NEV.
1) Research Data Exchange Adds More Data Environments for Download
Link to further information from USDOT's ITS Joint Program Office
2) Port of the Future Event – Presentations Available
Link to further information from ERTICO
3) Long Island Rail Road Forges Ahead on Positive Train Control Tech
Link to Newsday article
SAFETY / SECURITY
4) US Coast Guard, NIST Develop Cyber Standard for Maritime Facilities
Link to SC Magazine article
5) Sacramento Regional Transit Considers Alcohol Ads. What About Pot?
Link to Sacramento Bee article
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
6) Nagpur Metro Rail Sets Up Control Room, Quick Response Team for Construction Project
Link to Times of India article
7) San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge Metering Lights May Hinder Traffic Flow During Commutes
Link to KGO-TV story
8) Samsung Buying Harman in Connected Car Industry Move
Link to Information Age article
Link to news release
9) NHTSA Finalizes 'Quiet Cars' Rules to Prevent Injuries
Link to Reuters article
Link to news release
10) A Vehicle's Sound System Can Be a Matter of Life and Death
Link to New York Times article
11) What Do Automated and Connected Vehicles Need to Know About Work Zones?
Link to WorkZoneITSBlog
7) Nokia to Provide Korea Rail Network Authority with World's First LTE-R Network to Support High-Speed Railway Operations
Inflight Middle East – February 8-9 – Dubai
The Transportation Communications Newsletter (ISSN 1529-1057) is published electronically Monday through Friday.
For a free subscription or to unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016