Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, January 13, 2017 - Cranford, New Jersey
Iteris – A great place to work
At Iteris, we don’t just deliver products and services, we create innovative solutions that revolutionize travel. It’s the diversity of our people, skills, and ideas that inspire the innovation that runs through everything we do. Join Iteris and help us make the world better.
See where you fit, we have immediate openings for all levels of associates. Click here for career opportunities.
1) Report: FAA Not Prepared for Major Air Traffic Outages
FAA Inspector General report
2) Illegal Drone Transmitters Could Interfere with Air Traffic Control, ARRL Complaint Asserts
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
3) Honolulu Councilman Wants to Make Cellphone Use Illegal When Biking or Crossing Street
4) Apple Introduces Live Map Advisories for Public Transit
5) New Tech Helps Fleets, Drivers Make Truck Parking More Productive and Satisfying
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) Virginia DOT Campaign to Introduce HOT Lanes to Hampton Roads
7) Interactive Tech Helps Richmond, Virginia Citizens Visualize Various Transit Options
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) San Francisco’s Muni Hack: A Case Study in Prepping for Ransomware Attacks
9) Transit Agencies Pursue Mobile App Innovations
10) Waymo on Self-Driving Cars: ‘Our Eventual Goal is to Not Need the Driver at All’
11) Auto Interiors of the Self-Driving Future Are Smarter, Homier
3) ATI Installs Emergency Voice Alert and Radio Rebroadcast Systems in Tunnel at Ohio River Bridge Crossing
The Transportation Communications Newsletter (ISSN 1529-1057) is published electronically Monday through Friday. For a free subscription or to unsubscribe, or for comments or questions, please contact me at email@example.com. TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Follow me on Twitter @TransportComm.
© 2017 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com 1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016