Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - Cranford, New Jersey
At Iteris, we don’t just deliver products and services, we create innovative solutions that revolutionize travel. It’s the diversity of our people, skills, and ideas that inspire the innovation that runs through everything we do. Join Iteris and help us make the world better.
See where you fit, we have immediate openings for all levels of associates. Click here for career opportunities.
1) American Airlines Drops Seatback Video Screens in New Planes
2) Wichita State Professor Uses Technology to Improve Pilot Performance
3) Scottsdale, Arizona Photo-Enforcement Study Shows Big Drop in Crashes
City of Scottsdale news release
4) Tolltrans 2017
GPS / NAVIGATION
5) Hawaii Installs Cameras, GPS on School Buses
INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS
6) Will ‘Cutting-Edge Traffic-Light Technology’ Help Boston Streets?
7) Profanity-Laced Emails Reveal Hostility Between Army Corps and Port of Cleveland
8) Articles from Texas Transportation Researcher
9) How Vehicle Detection is Revolutionizing Parking
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
10) Trump Clamps Down on Public Communication by Federal Agencies
11) New Wireless Technology Monitors Concrete Pavement Health
SAFETY / SECURITY
12) Virginia Legislators Seek to Curb Distracted Driving
Link to bill
13) New Study Aims to Pinpoint Location of Roadway Workers
TRAFFIC INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
14) Snow Tests Pennsylvania Turnpike’s New Plans for Keeping Drivers Safe, Informed
15) Pittsburgh Tech Firm Searches for Bugs in Self-Driving Software
Link to Edge Case Research
Lifesavers National Conference on Highway Safety Priorities – March 26-28 – Charlotte, North Carolina
The Transportation Communications Newsletter (ISSN 1529-1057) is published electronically Monday through Friday. For a free subscription or to unsubscribe, or for comments or questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Follow me on Twitter @TransportComm.
© 2017 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com 1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016